Loral's Custom User Interface
The Interface Downloads
- Loral Minimal UI: 33k .zip. This has been updated to support Omens of War. Install this UI in a new directory, do not overwrite an existing installation. This UI uses fewer files than previous UIs so you will get a mix of the two if you install over a previous version. It uses the default buff box and spellbook. Visit EQ Interface for advanced buff boxes and spell books.
- Updated: Everquest Maps with PoP, LoY, LDON, GoD, Omens, and Dragons of Norrath: For all zones including Ykesha, Lost Dungeons of Norrath, and Gates of Discord. Used with the in-game Legacy of Ykesha Cartography system. Unzip the contents of this file into your "Everquest/maps" directory. These maps have black borders to show up well on the default background texture.
How to install
Here are some better instructions
- Locate your Everquest UI directory. It is either under "c:\program files\Everquest\uifiles" or under "c:\Program Files\Sony\Everquest\uifiles".
- Download either UI by right clicking on the links in the first paragraph, click on "Save" and save it to your Everquest/uifiles directory.
- Click on "My Computer" and navigate to your uifiles directory.
- Create a new directory inside "uifiles" called "new".
- If you are upgrading your UI, please delete all other files inside the "new" directory. Some UI upgrades remove old files that will corrupt your UI install.
- Extract all files from loral_ui.zip or loral_ui_minimal.zip to the "new" directory.
- Check that inside the "new" subdirectory are about eight to eighteen files, most called EQUI_something.xml. If not repeat step 3.
- Start Everquest as you normally would.
- When inside the game world, type "/loadskin new 1". This should load up the new UI you created above. Errors are normal as long as the UI loads. You can tell if your group window includes player, target, and group info.
- Move windows by clicking in their background or on their edges and place as accordingly.
Minimal UI Features
- Combined Group / Target / Player window with numbers (from left to right) for ac, att, sta, exp, and aaxp. Percent labels for hitpoints and mana.
- Smaller spell gem box with transparent background and no border. Click the right side, outside the gems themselves to move it around. Right click the spell book to save your spell listing. Added with the 6-11 patch.
- Smaller compass.
- Smaller hotkey box.
- Removed fancy borders and titles from many boxes.
For more user interface choices visit EQ Interface and visit the T-King forums to see the excellent artwork most of these user interface changes were based on.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution, Share-Alike License. Contact Loral at firstname.lastname@example.org.